The building has its origin in 1900 when it was used as a residential
building for the upper middle class. After the war the front of the
building was also rented to businesses such as to "Pension Otto"
which was called "Pension Royal" later on.
After a change of property owner in 1985 and a generous modernization
of the building this pension has ever since been called Hotel-Pension-Kurfürst
like the closely located Kurfürstendamm.
Today: Hotel-Pension Kurfürst
In 2002, the latest expansion and careful modernization was carried
out when the building was equipped with the most modern technology.
Sponsor of Christmas Lighting
For the annual festive Christmas lighting on the Kurfürstendamm /
Tauentzien it was found a main sponsor.
So we have in the western city centre in the advent
and pre-Christmas season an attractive shopping area with the flair of a
lively and radiantly decorated boulevard.